Thursday, November 8, 2007

Escape Artist


So Megan has started waking up at night. Usually around 3am, she starts calling for me. But then she wants me to sit in the rocking chair until she falls asleep, which does not happen quickly. If I try to put her back to bed and leave the room she throws a complete temper tantrum. Obviously this is not something Mike and I want to deal with every night. So on Monday night we decided we would just let her cry it out and not go in the room. Well, the little sneak "one-uped" us. She climbed out of her crib. This happend twice on Monday night. So on Tuesday we picked up her "big girl bed", and she was very excited about it! Finally got her settled in it and asleep and then, sure enough, at 5 am we hear her calling for me. I didn't come, so she got out of bed and went to the baby gate we had put in the doorway to keep her in the room. I still didn't come, so next she climbed over the baby gate!!! Next option? Close her door and hope that she doesn't tear the room apart trying to get out. So last night we did this and at 12:30am we heard her wake up and start crying for me. Mike sat by the door and Megan was on the inside crying and pounding on the door. (I was in bed crying my eyes out...it's hard to not go to your child when they are calling for you, no matter how frustrated you are). Miraculously, within 30 minutes she had quieted down and we were able to go back to sleep. I'm pretty sure Megan spent the night on the floor right in front of her bedroom door, but at least she was in her room and quiet! I'm hoping that tonight she stays in the bed......guess we'll see what happens!

1 comment:

The McLellan Family said...

What a little stinker! I'm not looking forward to the time when Brayden can get out of his crib. That must have been so hard to listen to her pound on he door like that. I'm not sure if I could be as strong as you. I hope you aren't getting woken up anymore!