So first things first. Megan is officially walking. She started about a week before her birthday and hasn't stopped since. She hardly ever crawls now, and has even started trying to climb onto things. I didn't think she could get much busier than she already was with crawling, but I was wrong! Now we have to move things away from the edge of counters and tables because the little munchkin can reach things.
Megan and Mike's birthday weekend (their birthdays are 2 days apart) was a busy one. We had a big party on a Friday night to celebrate Mike's Big 30. It was a good time with friends and family, and thankfully the rain held off so we could all be outside. Then we celebrated Megan's birthday on the Sunday with family. She had a blast playing with her cousins, opening her gifts and especially eating her birthday cupcake!! It's so hard to believe that our baby's first year is already over. Seriously, where does the time go??


After that crazy weekend, I had the delight (cough, cough) of returning to work. It was a tough Sunday night....you try being with your daughter every day for a year and then all of a sudden you have to leave her for a huge part of the day. Trust me, it isn't easy. (all you working moms know what I'm talking about, I'm sure) But I survived my first week. The evenings were hard, my body had to definately adjust, but I survived. And you know what? I don't think Megan even missed me. She had such a blast playing with her cousins and all the different toys! I did get hugs and smiles when I picked her up though, so that made me feel good.
My second week is going ok, but I've only been in one day out of 3 because on Sunday I came down with a brutal cold. Not fun at all. Hopefully Mike and Megan don't catch it.
Anyways, that's it for now! I'll leave you with a few more random pics....
1 comment:
Great pictures, Leese! I can't believe how the time has flown by -- Megan's already 1 year old!! Anyhow, she certainly keeps getting cuter as time goes by (if that's even possible). And I can't believe how long her hair is! She might surpass Annika in the hair department soon. :0) Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well...we missed you last night!!
Post a Comment